2 cups all-purpose flour
1 tablespoon baking soda
2 ripe, medium-sized bananas
1/4 teaspoon white stevia powder (spoonable)
1 cup buttermilk or kefir
8 tablespoons unsalted butter, melted
2 large egg whites
1 cup chopped walnuts
1. Preheat the oven to 400 degrees Fahrenheit
2. In a large bowl, sift together the flour and baking soda, and set aside
3. In a medium-sized bowl, mash the bananas with a fork until they reach a lumpy consistency. Add the stevia to the buttermilk, and combine with the bananas. Gently stir in the melted butter
4. Using an electric hand-held mixer, beat the egg whites until stiff, then fold them into the banana mixture.
5. Add the banana mixture to the dry ingredients and stir until just mixed. Do not overstir. Gently fold in the blueberries and walnuts.
6. Spoon the batter into a lightly oiled or papered mini muffin tin. Fill each cup with a heaping tablespoon of batter, and bake for about 12 minutes. When a toothpick inserted into the center of a muffin comes out clean, the muffins are done.